My Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, August 20, 2010

My fellow Americans...

Why do you insist on saddening and angering me so?

This entire week has been a constant struggle to not be either depressed or bitter, thanks to the stupidity or apathy of so many Americans. I try so very hard to do the right thing in all situations. I can't help myself. Oh, how I wish I could! I wish I could hit the "I don't give a damn switch". Oh, how I wish I could enjoy the apathy so many Americans revel in. I could then live out my life not caring that the Right are selling our freedom for the illusion of safety and the Left are selling them for the illusion of a social paradise where everyone loves one another and can talk out their differences. I don't even know WHY I care. I only know that I can't not care. Thus, these bouts with sadness and anger. Sadness that people don't care as much as I do. Anger that people will follow an ideology to the exclusion of all common sense.

Make no mistake, our problems as a Nation can be solved by a good dose of common sense, leavened with a little personal responsibility. The path to solve virtually all of our problems is so very obvious to me it's painful. We control the better part of a CONTINENT; there is room for all of us and our varying points of view. If we stop the ideological demagoguery and work on solutions we could do it EASILY! I challenge anyone to give me a problem that we face as a Nation that I couldn't solve in a rational, expedient, affordable manner that is fair to all parties involved. Check the ideology at the door, forget about personal privileges and power and the rest is simply details and common sense.

I have no idea where I picked up this sense of Duty. I do know however, that it gets heavy from time to time, and all too often I look around and I am the only one bearing it. I feel completely ridiculous, a grown man, literally, sitting here weeping for what is happening to the country I love so deeply. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment