Quality.
You really do get what you pay for in life. No matter what you're talking about it comes down to quality. People, places or things. Quality matters.
I've been thinking about this a bit lately. I've been eating healthy and exercising for a year now. I've gone from quick, cheap food to demanding only high quality food. I eat much less now in terms of quantity so I demand every bite be the best bite I can get. I don't waste my calories on junk food or cheap fast food. I'll drive 40 miles to a bakery if I'm going to splurge on a cupcake. I want to savor every morsel so settling for some grocery store confection just isn't worth it.
The same goes for my clothes. I don't buy a lot of clothes but it has been proven time and again that quality matters. I just buy the brands that will last now. Why buy clothes that are inexpensive to simply have to replace them over and over when they wear out. I spend time and effort to take care of my car and it hasn't given me a single problem. I plan on having it for years to come. I put in the effort to make it so.
Friends! Two of my best friends are tried and true and have been with me for years. They're the guys that you can not talk to for years and pick right back up where you left off. The type of friends that are there if you need them no matter what. Then there is my best friend in the whole world, my wonderful wife. I am amazed that I'm married to not only the love of my life but my soulmate as well. She is my best friend and I enjoy just hanging out with her. We don't have to agree on everything but we can talk about anything... ok, maybe not politics, she just isn't interested. Even there though, she tries for my sake! ;-)
You get what you pay for in life. Be it paid for with time, money, compassion, understanding, etc... Whatever you put into something, you get back out in return. You put in the effort and it will pay off. If you don't, don't be surprised with dismal results.

No comments:
Post a Comment